The La Crescent Community Garden was established in 2006 under the auspices of the La Crescent Area Healthy Community Partnership. The Community Garden is a volunteer organization in collaboration with Messiah Lutheran Church. The garden is located on the corner of the church property at Jonathan Lane and N. 9th St in La Crescent.
The goals of the garden are:
- To offer garden plots to members of the La Crescent community
- To encourage participants to eat seasonally and locally
- To grow food for ourselves, the local food shelf and others
- To garden as organically as possible
- To create an opportunity for community members to work together
If you are interested in learning more about the La Crescent Community Garden, click here.
If you would like to register for a plot in the La Crescent Community Garden, here is our newly created Community Garden Handbook, which details all the information about the garden. Please contact the Program Manager Susan Oddsen at firstname.lastname@example.org confirm there are still plots available first, then complete either the online form, or a paper form (both are below.)
Community Garden News and Upcoming Events
The Community Gardeners are excited for the 2018 growing season.
We have a few plots available for rent!