Neighbors in Action
Neighbors in Action provides assistance to older and disabled adults in the La Crescent and Caledonia, Minnesota areas. We help with tasks that are difficult to manage to help people stay living in their own homes longer.
Neighbors in Action provides help in two ways:
- Volunteers are matched to provide basic home tasks, occasional companionship and transportation
- *New* Care Partner Service – a paid staff person provides more in depth care to help provide peace of mind to both the person served and their family.
Service Options include:
- Outdoor chores: snow shoveling, lawn mowing, leaf raking
- Light housekeeping
- Transportation for appointments and errands
- Companionship, friendly visiting and respite for caregivers
- Social and educational opportunities
- Home Safety Assessments for fall prevention
Visit their website for more information https://www.neighborsinaction.net
Neighbors in Action News and Upcoming Events
Neighbors in Action is working hard to ensure that our elderly neighbors have the the things they need during this scary time. Please call our office at (507) 895-8123 if you or an older friend or neighbor needs assistance getting groceries, medications or other essential supplies. We can also provide regular phone calls for reassurance and companionship.